08 October 2017

"You know just what you are"

You know just what you are
Red dragon sleeping a thousand-year sleep
Dreaming of cosmos and the revolutions of time

I awake from a slumber of darkness and undeath
To dwell once more in the wildfires of starlight
I stand before moribund stars and allow myself to burn
Carving multiversal symbols into my coruscating flesh

Remember just what you are
A Son of the Sun, an undying flame amidst the void
Shining nexus of thought and action
A body of unfettered Will, of uncaged Love

In a world of fear and loneliness, alone the monolith has stood
A monument of shining Individualism and self-determination
A pillar atop the highest peak of the Self
Out in the far reaches of oceanic turmoil

I have waited half a life, a life alone
To rise from the tar pits of my own making
To emerge as a field of stars, an idio-galaxy
Unleashed upon the frailness of my former being
To damn the fear and loneliness of yester-I
To the realm of the distant, forgotten void

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment