02 February 2022

Mind Voyage

My feet stand firmly on the ground
But my mind rides on rays of the sun
Stationary in time but waiting for more
For all my possible futures to come

I journey through the empty void
That separates one thought and another
A moment that lasts as long as a flicker
And as briefly as the touch of forever

I have waited so long for nothing at all
And for nothing to be my everything and all
A lifetime spanning one end to another end
To, at last, realize the needs of my sun's crescent

Sharpening the philosophic weapon that is my mind
Going back to the beginning and hurling myself forward
Deep into the blackest deep and unleashing it all skyward
And perhaps, one millennium, to burn, to shine, and to die
With peace and kindness, relinquished, all in one, and all mine

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment