23 March 2022

"I think it's always only a look"

I think it's always only a look
When she turns and sees him
I think it's only always a glance
When he forgets a thought
And she comes into view

It must only be a few words
Must only be a million giggles
Must only be laughs they've forgotten

I've never really understood

Until I realized understanding wasn't it
It's that thing you sometimes see
That you sometimes feel
When it appears at the side of your sight
When you feel just really good
But like, really, really good

It's like a song that you first heard
And it's made you dance around the room
Around the room like the fool

That's love
That's what it's been all along
Love

Stupid
Stupid and great and wonderful
And everything

So
I think I've been looking
For something all along
That's never, ever been
To be found,

But felt and seen and loved

                    M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment