27 December 2021

Circle

I've voyaged upon cosmic lightbursts
and the shine of suns
Forgetting that my mind could hurl itself
all on its own
Relying on neuronal impulses
and the electricity in between

I forgot that a thought
could last a thought
or as long as the universe's sigh
Just as I fought thought in the dead of night
even though I was in zero gravity
knowing that all I knew
was nothing at all

Everything beautiful comes from a star
for a star out-multiplies
leaf and bone, stone and brain
Even though we, sons of suns, are nothing but
leaf and bone, stone and brain
And so I adore everything from a star
and all leaves and bones
and all stones and brains

I have come from nothing
knowing nothing
Just a quantum of matter
coming to know that
aught and all mean very little indeed
And that everything
I need
Is every part of every thing

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment