21 January 2018

"I rest there"

I rest there lying at her side
studying her sleeping mind
hoping to capture any thoughts that might slip through
the minuscule cracks of her inner-world
I wonder what would manage to escape
Amorphous clouds, a variegated lily
or perhaps the matter of a protostar
the beginnings of some solar system within her
Caught by her embrace in a waft of
splendor, desire and intellectual magic
a thing is born, of a wildness and electricity
This creature here in front of me is the most
wonderful of puzzles; an enigma with no solution
Inside that mind of hers there exists a universe
one I will never be able explore directly, only vicariously
It is those brief glimpses of starlight that pierce through
her psychic veil that rumble and crumble me all at once
A moment left perplexed, then ocean-deep in beauty

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment