14 December 2016

crucible

deep rumbling in the vaults
unlight crawling out from the corner
encroaching upon me, shrouding me in night

I see a diamond shining erratically
quivering like a sodden child
quivering with amorphous fear
white beams struggling for breath and reach

this cell within which I crumble
slowly, through aeons of dogmatic word
speaking shrilly and grating soul
blinding sight and effacing my one-letter name

I dine with the shadows that drape the walls
brokering on behalf of stars lost in disarray
demons lit by tremors of implacable thought
they give voice to night, they proselytize

the darkness delivers me to myself
stripped bare by godlessness, immolating faith
and up from the ground, where I festered
my own word tears me apart
as I rebuild myself, one sin at a time

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment