05 November 2015

The inescapable necessity of love

There are certain needs that every human being cannot live without: food, water, shelter and so forth. Lately I have been thinking about the need of love and attachment. It has recently been made quite clear to me that the human need for love and attachment is paramount. If it is threatened by loss or if one struggles to attain it, the reverberations on the soul are cataclysmic. I cannot count the number of times I have attempted to lie to myself that I could pour myself into work or dedicate myself to the pursuit of my ambitions in order to avoid the hollowness of the lack of love. And that's what it is to try to stave off the need of love: a heinous deception of the grandest kind. For love is an inescapable necessity of wholesome human being, and that is an incontrovertible truth. Love, therefore, constitutes one of the essential components of conation, development and living.

M.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment