26 July 2015

"You set on me like the coming of fall"

You set on me like the coming of fall
Dropping me down straight to the floor
Down, down, down the rabbit hole
Ripping me, leaving me far from whole
Like a hurricane
You were unrestrained
Total and fatal - I could not sustain
The onrush of your fairytale beauty
And everything you said we could be
Two diamonds in the rough
Coming unhinged by your simple touch
Your caresses that made me flushed
You crept on like a cold madness
You kept a deadly set of weaponry and harnesses
Kept my mind under a much-loved duress
You frozen countess, in that blood-red dress
Vampiress, leaving me drained and left for dead
On that sultry late summer's eve
When you came to me
Leaving as soon you aroused a deathly lust
That had me torpid as I slept on your bust
Drunk on wine and unspoken crimes
I was a devil on a path back to hell
That came to know, for one night
A dark angel, from what I could tell
With porcelain skin and a dragon's bite
Was it love? Or the knell that spelt my end?


M.M. – 26-Jul-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment