18 June 2015

The Atlas of Her Body*

*Taken from "Death Triumphant" by My Dying Bride

In a flurry of fire and hail and thunder
I fell before her, I fell right down before her
Into the maelstrom swirling in her eyes
I fell a hopeless fool, in complete surrender

I was wrecked upon her porcelain shores
Left dizzy and intoxicated by splendour
And bereft of all reason by the ardour
And savage passion I had not known before

A hapless explorer and conquistador
I sought to map the atlas of her body
From the plains that at a touch turned ruddy
To the rivulets that wound in her hair

Aimless and yet diligent, I coursed all about her
Eager but circumspect, I gauged her in every measure
Across all terrain that I could sustain
I had her in every detail, from body to mind untame

What ecstasy there was in her secret places
And the spectrum of all her hidden faces
Her rolling hills soft and smooth like down
And timbered limbs that kept me bound

I roamed and roamed till I could no more
Till all was known to me, both inland and shore
I here, a fallen castaway fallen to her love
Knowing bliss beyond that of the Above

M.M. – 18-Jun-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment